Thursday, February 19, 2009

Where in the World is Carmen San Diego?

Technology has grabbed me by its wirey grasp and won't…let…me…go!

So what's new with you? I feel so separate from the world, not reading everyone's blog every day.

Life is still rocking and busy in our little world. Oh, I haven't blogged in a week eh? Well, let me fill you in (without pictures, so get your imaginations started…ready? Here we go!)

Brett and I decided…okay, no, that's all wrong. I decided one day to buy a new pantry door. Which, of course, then turned into "Let's redo all the cabinets." Don't ask. It's a serious problem I have, and I'm working on it. Not really.

Anyway, so I began the arduous, albeit fulfilling task of sanding each and every one of our cabinet doors and drawers. There are 24 doors and 10 drawers. It takes 1 ½ hours per regular sized door. We have two large doors. How long does it take Sally to get to the end of the street, if she passes Allen, and Jupiter is in its third rotation?

So, if you did the math, a lot of time has been spent breathing in saw dust. Lucky for me my wonderful father-in-law loaned me his "Harry Potter" on tape, and that has gotten me through. We're nearly there.

Also fun and exciting, weight loss! Can I get a Woot Woot from all the chubby ladies losing weight out there?

"Woot Woot!" Okay, I'm the only one. Thas coo. Weight loss is interesting in all its many varying facets. For example, I have an enabling husband. I love him dearly. He's perfect for me; which is why he bought me a box full of chocolate donuts. Sigh.

But he also says things like, "Honey, you may not be losing a lot of weight, but you're definitely losing inches!" This keeps me going. That, and that I feel wonderful and energized and excited to keep going. It'll be different when Tanya rejoins the world of the non-pregnant, and starts really kicking my butt. Man, I'm dreading May…

Also, I've been attending a really awesome writing class, and have learned so much. Reading is all new to me now. What? These words mean something? Sweeeet. It's also helped me along in my adventure to be creative. Something I'm not but wish I was.

BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY, AND IF YOU READ ANY HALF-BLOG POST TODAY, LET IT BE THIS HALF!

The Walk for Lupus is coming up! May 2nd. And for the first time I've joined the volunteer ranks and would like to induce you all to go and take a look at their website. Lupus is a serious disease and threatens the lives of more people than you would imagine. 20,000 people in Utah alone suffer from this sad sickness, and there hasn't been a new medicine found in over 50 YEARS! That's way too long folks. So, the Utah Chapter for Lupus is holding its annual walk at Liberty Park. Go to this website: www.firstgiving.com and learn all about what you can do to help change 50 years to zero! Plus, it's an excellent time to break out those walking shoes, and take a nice little spring stroll.

Alright, that's all the blubbering from me today.

Kelly Out

(Yes, I realize the title of this post has nothing to do with anything. I just miss that show. Don't you?)

2 comments:

The Finlinsons said...

Man, I must say...Good for you to be doing things that are productive and making and achieving goals! You are BY FAR doing better than I am...

Tanya said...

i love doing walks for charity. i'm to lazy to go the link so i'll get all the info from you soon.

You May Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...