Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Friendship

"Friendship needs no studied phrases
Polished face, nor whining whiles
Friendship deals no lavish praises
Friendship dons no surface smiles

Friendship follows natures diction
Shuns the bandishments of art
Boldly serves truth from fiction
Speaks the language of the heart

Friendship favors no condition
Scorns a narrow-minded creed
Lovingly fulfills its mission
Be it word, or be it deed

Friendship cheers the faint and weary
Makes the timid spirid brave
Warns the eary, lights the dreary
Smooths the passage to the grave

Friendship, pure, unselfish friendship
All through lifes allotted span
Nurtures, strengthens, widens, lengthens
Mans relationship with man."

I don't know who wrote this, but I've had it memorized since I was twelve.  I know I've found a good friend when peices of this poem come to mind as I just sit and visit with them.  So, thanks friend, for sitting and listening to my grumpy grumblings when I know you have so much more on your plate without me.  Thank you.

Kelly Out

P.S.  I also love the one that goes, "A good friend will stop you when you're about to go off on someone.  A best friend will walk beside you, giggling 'Someone's gonna get it!'"

2 comments:

April said...

I love good friends too, that's a good poem. That's funny about the Killers lyrics... I think you could keep singing it your way and no one would mind!

Tanya said...

beetlejuice! beetlejuice! beetlejuice!

You May Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...