Thursday, January 10, 2008

Learning to Play the Piano

Our neighbors, the Caldwells, gave us their very old player piano. At first, it was tough having the huge new piece of furniture taking up an entire wall and blocking our walk space in our living room. But then I got to start playing it, and although it's out of tune, needs new strings, and some of the key's don't work at all, I could feel immediately a different spirit in the house. I learned how to play some of Cohen's favorite nursery songs, like "Give said the Little Stream", "Head, Shoulder, Knees and Toes", and some of my favorites and it's been so much fun having music in our home. Not to mention that Cohen and Kembry absolutely love to play on the keys, and Cohen will say, "C,D,E,F,G" just like his mommy does (I still struggle with which notes are which, so I practice them everyday, repeating the notes over and over as I hit the key). I can already see a love of music being born in my kids.

No comments:

You May Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...