Monday, January 19, 2009

Routine

Every day, my son wakes up and asks me what day of the week it is, and then will inform me of that particular day's events. Like this: "Mommy, what day is it today?"

"It's Monday."

"Oh, we go to Grandma Nett's on Monday?"

"That's right."

"And you'll pick us up after lunch."

"Uh-huh."

"Then it will be Tuesday."

"Yep."

"And on Tuesday's we go to Kristins and see Elijah and Chandler?"

"Yeppers buddy."

"Oh, and then daddy doesn't have school?"

Anyway, you get the idea. The kid loves his routine. You can't even open the door, because that's something he does.


Well, today I realized he get's this cute little…quirk…from his mother. Each morning, I get to work, and I perform these steps, in the same order, at almost the exact same time each day. I've been like this since my Junior year in high school.

For example, every morning after I turn on my computer, I open my e-mail. I can't move on until everything has been read, junked, or deleted, and the deleted box emptied. Then I click onto my blog to see which of my fellow blogger-oo's have updated.

But most importantly, and something I look forward to everyday now, is a blog called "Good News" that was referred to readers by Bethany (Finlinson). I love this blog. To me, each morning, it's like an inspirational, shortened lesson. It gets my spiritual blood pumping. It hypes me up. It helps me remember the important things throughout the day. I haven't been reading my scriptures in the morning for the past year (Brett's asleep when I leave, and I'm hopeless without him!) but since reading her blog, she not only teaches me what these scriptures mean, but she gets me excited to read more. So I do. And then the next day, I wonder what she'll touch on, what new doors with curiosity hiding behind them she'll open for me. She's an amazing woman, with a powerful testimony and a wonderful knowledge of the Gospel. I hope you take a moment to check it out. I think you'll love it as much as I do!

No comments:

You May Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...