Thursday, November 05, 2009

P-Dub in High Def

Now, my daughter nearly slicing off one of her digits is big news.  In fact, you should scroll down and read all about her painful love affair with knives and feel bad for me (or for her and the apparent lack of parental supervision).  So we'll get back to this glowing little angel of death in a moment.



BUT!  But, I am 197 ways excited about my amazing night tonight.  Chip-N-Dales were booked, so I scurried on down to my favorite Pioneer Woman's book signing.  Seeing as how she provides step-by-step directions for 4 out of the 6 meals in our household, I thought I'd like to meet her.


And guess what?  I did!


I met her, and Missy!  Pesky Tim's wife! 



But you know what was even cooler than all this (how cool, Kelly?  Ice cold.)

I got to see some old friends, and meet some new friends, and talk all around with people who love food as much as me (but do a much better job of concealing it!)

I met Suzie, just about the sweetest girl.  I saw Jen W., the sister of one of my bestest friends in the good ol' days!  I saw old HS friends, and stood in line for a good 4 hours, and it was ALL worth it.

When I came home, everyone was asleep, there were 50 or so DVD's on the floor, two empty boxes of diapers (last years Christmas gift to the kids) and 347 toys scattered here and there.  I think Brett secretly hates me.  Shh..he doesn't know I know. 

And for those of you who still haven't hopped on the Pioneer Woman Band Wagon, despite all my chittering and chattering, GET ON THE FREAKING WAGON.  You'll never look back.

Kelly...off to bed

P.S. Jen:  I missed you tonight.  I hope you're feeling better.  I've got your book, signed and all.  I hope you love it as much as I do!!

P.P.S.  My best friends baby had surgery today =(  I feel incredibly insensitive posting about my amazing night, knowing she couldn't be with me, because her baby needed her (I needed her too, but I guess he's more important.  Whatever.)  Tanya, I missed you!

3 comments:

The Finlinsons said...

I have a love/hate relationship with food. I usually love it..but lately I hate it.

Also, I'm kind of glad (in a freaked out and a little scared of what could happen to my own daughter sort of way) that your daughter had her knife experience...at least she learned that they really are dangerous! Kids often just don't seem to learn until something like that happens it seems.

Tanya said...

thanks for thinking of me:) seriously, you made up for ditching me when you got all teary eyed at the sight of poor poor malik:)

Jess said...

Sounds like you had a really good time! Thats awesome! I think everyone has that relationship with food! LOL

You May Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...