Monday, November 30, 2009

Since I can't type, I'll regurgitate

The Good Wife's Guide


'55*Have dinner ready. Plan ahead, even the night before, to have a delicious meal ready, on time for his return. This is a way of letting him know that you have been thinking about him and are concerned about his needs. Most men are hungry when they come home and the prospect of a good meal (especially his favorite dish) is part of the warm welcome needed.

'09*Dinner is left over macaroni and cheese from lunch, which has probably been thrown on the floor by the kids by now. If you want something more, you'll have to cook it yourself, I'm going to the gym.

'55*Prepare yourself. Take 15 minutes to rest so you'll be refreshed when he arrives. Touch up your make-up, put a ribbon in your hair and be fresh-looking. He has just been with a lot of work-weary people.

'09*I've just been with two sticky, screaming, hyper children all day. 15 minutes to rest would be like an oasis in the middle of the salt flats. Not to mention the only bows around here go in the baby's hair, and she's probably thrown them in the toilet by now.

'55*Be a little gay and a little more interesting for him. His boring day may need a lift and one of your duties is to provide it.

'09*Give me a bottle of congac and we'll talk.


'55*Clear away clutter. Make one last trip through the main part of the house just before your husband arrives.

'09*He's lucky to make it through the door at the end of the day. If the kids are on bored, then maybe there wont be a giant train track built right in front of the front door when he comes home.  As for the "main part of the house"...yeah, our house is small enough that its ALL the main part of the house.

2 comments:

The Finlinsons said...

Oh, this kind of makes me sad. I mean, overall...who are the messed up people? The wife who really tries hard to make a nice marriage and happy home or the wife who is stressed out and thinking about herself and making home a place the husband doesn't want to come home to.

Sorry, that was my little rant for the day. Everyone seems to think back in the days was so ridiculous...I don't know if now is much better. We're all just messed up in different ways I guess.

Lindsay said...

Hey! So I just found your blog from Shalae's! Email me at lindsay.driggs.qipc@statefarm.com and I'll send you an invite to mine! Fabulous! Cute blog by the way, I'm excited to keep in touch!

~Lindsay

You May Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...