Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Let The Gratitude Begin!

It's that time again.

A month of gratitude.

Today has been peaceful, for the most part.  It's not now, but it never is in the evenings, and that's okay.  I guess. =)

Chloe wants to go to bed, but I'm refusing on the grounds that I just don't want to wake up at 5:30 in the AM.  She disagrees.  But I'm bigger, so I win =)

Today I am grateful for my children.

I'm alone with them for the next 4 days.  Outnumbered, 3 to 1.  Sometimes I think Kembry counts as two.  Luckily (unluckily?) Kembry and I are sick.  That really limits what we can do.  It also eliminates my feeling guilty for not doing anything.

What?  I'm sick.

*Cough Cough*

I'm grateful I have three beautiful, (semi)healthy children that are always (usually) healthy.  I mean really, when all the other kids are getting sick, mine are laughing their way to the candy bank (daddy's side table).  Nary an ear infection visits the Neff's, nor the flu or the sniffles or the run's.

They make me laugh.  They make me cry.  They make me clean.  They're good for me. I'm good for them.

And who knows...one day they may be smitten blessed with little angels just like them.


Amen.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

ok, so you do a month of gratitude? I may steal this idea, I really like it. Do you mind????
Also, I know I've said this a bunch of times already on your blog, but you make me laugh. Your sense of humor is beyond great. :)

genderist said...

This morning I'm thankful for you.

You May Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...