Wednesday, April 11, 2012

21 Weeks

Size of My Little Baby Boy: Kian is the size of a banana.  Isn't that cute?  I know, right.  Sometimes, when he stretches out, I feel like he's the size of TWO bananas.  I think he'll be our biggest baby yet.  He might even hit the 7 pound range!

Total Weight Gain:  I have no idea, but this past week has been full of candy and chocolate and candy and chocolate.  And cheese balls.  Let's not forget the giant bin of cheese balls I bought, with the intention of giving them to Kembry's class for a snack, and then I ate them.  All.  I have no shame.

Gender:  I am just so giddy and in love with this little boy.  I'm so excited to have another little guy running around.  I wonder if he'll have red hair and freckles like his big brother.

Movement:  He moves a lot, and now I can feel it on the outside every day.  He's pretty regular.  Every time I eat, he wiggles.  Granted, I'm usually eating a pound of chocolate, so the sugar probably gets to him!

Sleep:  Sleep isn't so great.  But I'm blessed because I usually get in a 20 minute to 2 hour nap.  Depending on Chloe and fate and if the stars align...

What I Miss:  I miss sleep and just being comfortable all the time. But it's so short termed, it really doesn't matter.

Cravings:  Cheeseballs.  Why are cheeseballs not vegetables?  I move that they should be vegetables.  Then I'd be the healthiest pregnant woman on the face of the planet.  As it is...I'm just a fat cow =/

Symptoms:  Contractions.  Stretching.  Lower back ache.  All the good stuff.  It's not too bad right now, minus the contractions, which suck.  I'm still able to move around, a lot, and I feel better when I do.  You know when you're in the 3rd trimester, and movement is just...well, agony?  Yeah, definitely far from that, thank heavens!!

Best Moment of the Week:  Seeing a kick.  I don't know why that's so exciting, but it is.  I love at the end when you're whole belly moves when they do.  So seeing that kick just reminded me that he's in there, growing fast, and he'll be here so soon!!!

WORST Moment of the Week:  I'm going to do a worst moment of the week because I had one last Thursday.  After having contractions since the Saturday before, I finally called the doctor.  At 8:30 in the morning.  Brett had to stay home from work they were so bad.  So, I didn't get a call back until 6:30 that night.  It was a nurse calling to say I had a UTI (which was discovered from a urine sample given over a week ago...strange...).  So I wrote off my contractions and back discomfort to that.

Friday comes around, I've taken a few rounds of antibiotics, and my contractions are still there, but now I have this horrible pain in my back.  Just the right side.  Finally, I call my doctor.  I tell him I have a fever, blood in my urine, a UTI and horrible back ache.  Of course I need to go into L&D.

I get there, and they run all the tests.  Meanwhile, they  hook me up to the monitor, and sure enough, there are my contractions.  A little higher than I was used to with Chloe, but again, I write this off to having a UTI.

She asks if I want pain meds.  Seeing as how I'm rolling back and forth on the bed, she really didn't ask.  She just brought in the torture equipment and set me up.

The medicine they gave me was horrible.  I was paralyzed.  Not only (in my humble opinion) was this medicine way too intense for my situation, it was terrifying.  Supposedly I kept telling Brett not to let me die.  I remember thinking that my nurse was trying to kill me.  Seriously, I thought she was trying to murder me.  I need to stop watching A&E.

Finally she comes back.  And guess what?  Not only do I NOT have a UTI, everything looks great!  Plus, the moron, erm, I mean nurse, says, "And your contractions have stopped!"  Well, no, they hadn't.  The monitor was up under my boob due to me thrashing around on the bed.  Soooo, my wise husband said, "We're going to take her home now," and I'm glad he did.  The problem wasn't resolved, but I did NOT feel good being there.  I didn't feel good going in the first place, but at the same time, I didn't want to risk anything.  Especially not with a fever and blood in my urine.  Whatever was off with that night, I may never know, but I'm glad Brett had wisdom enough to take me home to recover.

I'm still having contractions and I'm pretty sure I do have a UTI.  But, I was still taking my antibiotics and so hopefully it will all clear up on it's own and I won't have to worry about nurse Hatchett trying to murder me.

The End.

This Weeks Thoughts:  Thinking make brain hurty.  I have a cold, so my mind is super cloudy and confused.  I've definitely been thinking about how blessed I am to have such an involved and helpful husband.  He's been sick these last couple of days, and so he hasn't been able to pick up my slack, and I really miss him!!  Thankfully, he's on the mend, and I can go back to my neglectful ways.

Sibling Rivalry:  Tonight, as we were leaving to go to a meeting at the church, Kembry said, "Kian gets to go everywhere with us!  We're a family!"  It was so cute.  She loves kissing my belly.  I can't wait for her to feel him kick.  She also made German pancakes ALL BY HERSELF tonight.  Seriously, she poured 1 cup of milk, got 1 cup of flour (I did the eggs), and she mixed it all together.  Then she melted the butter, and swirled it around and everything.  I was so proud of her!!

Chloe has been super clingy.  She's sick, and won't eat.  Basically, she just doesn't feel good and wants mommy to hold her and make it all better.  I have been carrying her around for 3 days (literally, carrying her around.  She weights 30 lbs people!)  And this, obviously, has not helped the contractions.  She won't go to Brett, either, which is totally bizarre.  So, I'm hoping, hoping, hoping that she'll start to feel better and get over this "mommy must hold me every minute of the day" phase.  Not that I don't love holding her.  I just prefer to gestate this baby a little longer than 21 weeks, ya know what I mean?

4 comments:

Team Cody said...

Love you friend. So glad we are neighbors. Cute blog.

April said...

Hope you feel better soon! I loved seeing the movement on the outside too. So fun!

genderist said...

I agree completely. I motion that all junk food should be declared vegetables.

Cheyenne and Seth and Co. said...

I love you! That is definitely a worst moment for sure. I'm so sorry. I pray that Chloe gets better quick too, and that your contractions can be small and manageable. And I just really really love Kian's name. Nicely done. Love you friend. I wish you lived close and could ome hang out in my kitchen for hours. Ahh, that sounds fun.

You May Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...