Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Half Way There!

Size of My Little Baby Boy:  According to thebump.com, little Kian is the size of a cantaloupe, and I do believe he is.  He is feeling bigger and bigger every day and I love it!

Total Weight Gain:  No clue.  And my kind neighbor borrowed our scale so now I don't even have to worry about it!

Maternity Clothes:  Yes I wear a mu-mu sometimes.  I'm not ashamed to say it.  Ok, I'm slightly ashamed.  I need to buy some more shirts that are thin and short sleeved.  It turns out that Arizona is HOT!

Gender:  B-b-b-b-boy.  I'm still so tickled pink that he's a boy.  I love his name.  I love the idea of having another little soldier.  I love that Cohen will have a brother.  I love it all.

Movement:  He's still breach, and doesn't flip around very much.  He puts a lot of pressure on my lower uterus.  But Brett felt him kick today, and it was cute.  He'll deny it, but his face lit up when he felt him.  He even talked to him and called him "son", which made me light up.

Sleep:  Sleep...has not been good.  But I have great kids and wonderful husband who pick up the slack when I can't.  Or who just don't care when the house is a total mess.  Which, btw, isn't this funny and sad and true?



What I Miss:  Sleep.  This sounds familiar.  I think I post this every week.  And ibuprofen.

Cravings:  This week it has been baked beans and Walmart's rotisserie chicken.  And they proved to be as delicious as my mind believed they were.  Oh, and Oreo cookies, and Reese's Butter Cups.  And grapes.

Symptoms:  I hate to say it, but I've started having contractions again.  Laaaame.  I really hoped positive thoughts would keep them at bay.  Turns out my uterus doesn't have positive thoughts.  Just angry thoughts.  Angry, evil thoughts.  Also, acid reflux, headaches...the usual fun stuff!

Best Moment of the Week:  Was tonight.  Cohen has this know-it-all problem, I have no idea where he gets it.  Anyway, he's always into his sisters business, especially when she's in trouble.  I keep telling him, "You don't have to worry about it Cohen."  Well, tonight I heard Brett giving the girls a bath and getting upset with Chloe because of something.  I hollered, "What happened?"  And Cohen said, "Mom.  You don't have to worry about it.  Makes sense, huh?"  I wanted to cry.  He was right.  Brett had control of the situation, and I didn't have to worry about it.  I love that my six year old shares wisdom with me =)

This Weeks Thoughts:  I'm having a bit of ennui.  But I can't bring myself to leave the house.  I'm always afraid I'll get stuck somewhere having contractions.  I did go to lunch with Brett, and it was fun, minus Chloe and her new tantrum-throwing talents.  Yikes, that girl has lungs.  I'm super excited for this little guy though.  I keep getting butterfly feelings in my tummy, and I just want to hold him already!  20 more weeks!

2 comments:

Cheyenne and Seth and Co. said...

yay!! I love half way! I feel like the twenties move slower than the teens. I hope and pray the contractions stay away, and i hope the sleep situation gets much better. Just think, in just a matter of 4 months we'll be holding our little boys!!

Lindsay said...

So...Kian? That's adorable! You sure make cute babies, I'm sure he'll be a heart-breaker! Good luck with the final half!!!

You May Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...