Wednesday, May 23, 2012

27 Weeks

Size of Baby: Kian is the size of a rutabaga.  He's about 2 pounds and 14 1/2 inches long.  And he makes ample use of his limited space, I can tell you.

Total Weight Gain:  I'm up another pound, bringing the total to 3 pounds.  Again, I'm not complaining.  But I'm convinced I just have a lot of extra food storage for my little guy, so he's all set.

Gender:  Boy.  Active and wiggly.

Movement:  Seriously, the wiggliest baby ever.  In history.  Well, my history.

Appointments:  I had my appointment today.  It went well.  I have something called...something.  It starts with an "S" and has other letters attached to it.  I just get dizzy easily.  Not just when I stand up.  When I'm already standing.  Thankfully it's not something I do that often *wink*  It also makes me super tired.  Throw in 400 degree weather, and you have yourself a pretty useless pregnant lady.

Also, I asked if I could possibly take steroids if my back got out of control again.  She said YES!  I wanted to cry with joy.  Hopefully, it won't come to that, but I'm just so relieved.

This baby is measuring small, and I'm carrying low.  I'm measuring about 20 weeks.  She didn't seem concerned, and I have an ultrasound in 3 weeks, anyway.  Plus, I can feel him growing, I know he's definitely getting bigger.

We're going back in 3 weeks, and then we'll start the 2 week appointments since we're at a slightly higher risk of pre-term labor.

Sleep:  Is still not great.  Again, I can fall asleep like a pro.  I just wake up too early and can't go back to sleep.  But my wonderful daughter still takes naps, so I do, too =)  And I have an awesome husband who has been making dinner pretty much every night, which gives me extra time to rest.  Like right now.

What I Miss:  Not much.  I realize all of the discomforts are temporary, and yield such an awesome treasure, I'd be willing to put up with them for a year.  Luckily I only need to worry about them for a few more months.  Woot!  I do miss my energy, and being a full-time mom and wife instead of full-time bed sore.

Cravings: Cafe Rio's pork burrito.  Oh yummy!

Symptoms:  Crazy, weepy hormones.  I don't think I had this bad of a hormone issue with the last ones.  Brett would disagree if he wasn't so afraid of me.

Best Moment of the Week:  Hearing that I can take steroids again if I have to.  Every time I take a step and my back nearly knocks me down with pain, I panic.  And that panic wears me out.  It's a huge relief.  I can't even express it.  Also, tomorrow will be awesome, because it's the last day of schoooooool!  For the kids, that is.

Sibling Rivalry:  My sweet Kembry öfficially" has A.D.H.D.  It breaks my heart and makes me feel happy to be on track to getting her help.  I love her so much.  She's such a great girl, she's so loving and talented.  I see a great future for her!  And possibly a bottle of xanax for me *wink*

For some insane reason I decided to count Chloe's tantrums yesterday.  I did it until 11, because then it just got depressing.  Ironically, she was pretty good after 11, as long as she was on my lap, in my arms, or eating candy.  I mean, carrots.  I only feed her vegetables.

Cohen is starting to try to assert his independence through back talk, but he's terrified of me, so he mumbles it.  It cracks me up.  Today I  helped him straighten his room, and he threw all his books willy-nilly onto his bookshelf.  I told him, "That's not how we put books away.  Try again." And he mumbled, "Don't worry about it."  As I write it out, it doesn't sound that bad of a back talk.  And, honestly, it was a little funny.  But he got a time-out for it.  Might as well nip it now.

But I love my kids.  The more time I spend with them, the more time I want to spend with them.  I feel very little desire to go out on dates (though Brett and I did go to a movie on Saturday.  It was dumb, total waste of our time and money.)  I just want to be with them.  I probably won't feel the same way after 1 week of having them home from school in 105+ degree weather, but hopefully it won't change too much ;)

1 comment:

genderist said...

Hooray for steroids & wiggly babies!

You May Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...