Saturday, October 18, 2008

Enough is enough…is enough

Okay, I've read so many opinions and thoughts about the words I posted last week concerning the change in Americas economy, and how it's going to affect us.

I've read them, and considered every single one of them, and have thought a lot about the words in the testimony, about what people felt about me posting them, about what people thought of me taking it off my blog.

I've read them all, and now it's my turn to give my opinion, and that will be the end of it.


 

I read that testimony at 7:30 in the morning, at work, in front of my co-workers, and felt tears well up in my eyes, my heart swell, and a huge release. I felt comforted for the first time since last year, concerning our economy. I felt comforted knowing that I'm NOT THE ONLY MIDDLE CLASS PERSON IN AMERICA worried about this. I felt comforted knowing that I was headed in the right direction, that I was paying my tithing, that I was praying, that I wasn't alone. That I had the Lord.

I remember saying that it didn't matter who said those words, if those were the correct words or not, because the principles included were wonderful and true. I stand by that. I would listen to anyone who had the Spirit speaking through them. I will believe any words that are confirmed by that same Spirit. I live by them. My family lives by them. I'm grateful for them, because without them, where would we be?


 

I'm not reposting that talk, or testimony, or whatever you want to call it. I'm not saying that anyone in the Church Presidency or otherwise had anything to do with it. But I'm telling you that I believed those words, and I'll stand by that.


 

MY OPINION, for all of you dozens and dozens of people who are so concerned about plagiarizing, I specifically put up a disclosure stating that I wasn't at the meeting, that I have no proof that the words belonged to anyone individual, and that I thought they were comforting.


 

I GUESS IT'S MORE IMPORTANT TO FOLLOW POLICY THAN TO GIVE COMFORT TO OUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS.

I hope you're all happy that the talk is down, and that so many people who are out there searching for words of comfort at these times, who yearn to feel the Spirit, won't be getting it here. I hope you're happy that policy was followed, and not the Spirit.

But if you're so concerned with policy etc, please refer to your scriptures, which I'm sure you have memorized down to the word, and read about the Ox and the Mire.


 

If you have any more negative, demeaning, or threatening comments to leave me, take your tired comments somewhere else. We don't do crazy here.

4 comments:

Kimbie said...

Kellly I Love you! I agree 110% with what you just posted. I honestly think that people are scared of what is to come so they got defensive when you posted the "talk" I though the talk was very comforting as well. You are a strong mother, woman and friend, and I stand by you. Love ya.

Anonymous said...

Dear Kelly,

This morning I received an amazing epistle that was purported to be notes from a testimony by Pres. Packer. My heart thumped and my eyes filled up when I read it. Later in the day, I received confirmation that a member of Pres. Packer's ward took extensive notes, typed them up and shared them. Then I received an email explaining that the testimony is authentic but not authorized.

I am so grateful that we are members of our church and we are very blessed to have received a copy of President Packer's Oct 12 testimony.

I am also glad to have found your blog as a result. Just hold on to the beautiful feeling you received when you read that same epistle.

Many blessings

Liz Harrell said...

Aw Kelly. Who sent you ugly emails? Give me their address. :)

Angela said...

People fear what they don't understand or sometimes are ignorant because of fear. It doesn't matter whether your post was word for word, it's the message that matters. There are plenty of parables in the scriptures and plenty of fictional stories used in talks to create a certain message. If the spirit testifies to you that what you are reading is true, that is all that matters. All men are entitled to their own revelation. Times are getting hard and will only get worse as times go on. Those who are ignorant and don't prepare, will be humbling themselves before the Lord and asking for forgiveness.

You May Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...