Friday, October 10, 2008

A few realizations have materialized in my mind today.

One: This is NOT a family blog after all. For obvious reasons: my husband and my children NEVER post. Sheesh, all they do is poop and eat.

Two: I am horribly addicted to PacMan. (Okay, I've already realized that…but I'm an addict, we undulate between acceptance and denial often.)

And Three: I'm going to do the unthinkable here, and compare life, or at least the life in my head, to PacMan.

Here is why my life is like PacMan.

  1. I keep going and going and going (and eating and eating and eating) and it always feels like there are two little ghosts chasing behind me ALL THE TIME. I call them Cohen and Kembry. Helps if you name 'em, makes 'em less scary.
  2. No matter how fast I go or how hard I try to escape them, they always catch me.
  3. I can't seem to get enough lives to get me to the next level; it seems like no matter how hard I try, I'm always exhausted.
  4. Instead of going for the fruit, I'm all about the non-descript white dots. They're tastier, more abundant, and easy to get to.
  5. Just like PacMan, I'm hopelessly addicted to my life. I'm completely and totally content waking up every day and being chased by the same ghosts, eating the same white dots, and avoiding the same healthy fruit.
  6. And finally, you know those BIG white dots that turn the ghosts blue and you get to eat them and get more points and therefore more lives…well, in my life, those are called naps, and though they're rare and not nearly enough, they rock when you actually get one!

So pin a bow in my hair and call me Mrs. PacMan and tell Brett I've met another man. And keep on chompin'!

3 comments:

Lynsie said...

That is too funny! Great analogy!

Lac said...

You seriously are the funniest girl I've ever met! I agree completely. Life is just like pac man. In fact you could write a book all about it! Cant wait for the DUCHESS! Whoo HOo!!!!

Lac said...

You seriously are the funniest girl I've ever met! I agree completely. Life is just like pac man. In fact you could write a book all about it! Cant wait for the DUCHESS! Whoo HOo!!!!

You May Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...