Thursday, October 16, 2008

Oh Brother

Men, put on your selective reading glasses, or start running away now! We're going to talk about female issues today…

Because technology rocks, and we ladies get special birth control, I only get a visit from Aunt Flo quarterly. Aunt Flo usually doesn't mind only visiting every three months, however, usually one of these visits she comes with a vengeance. "Why haven't you called?" "Too good for your Auntie Flo?" "Look how much those kids have grown, couldn't have sent a picture?" Sometimes she can be really raunchy.

This, in turn, makes me really raunchy. We're talkin' hormones folks. And though I try to drown my woes with chocolate and Midol chasers, around these times I find myself ready to be a rebel rouser, a cry baby, a pain in the butt (sorry Brett) and completely irrational. 7 days of this can kind of ware on a person, and the people around me.

So while I let the hormones ebb and nurse myself back to some sort of normalcy, I'm going to hold off on certain remarks, and I'll try to rein in the sarcastic, mean things I always want to say during this horrid week of the year. You know the saying, "You can remove the nail from the fence, but it still leaves a hole." (I actually learned this from hands on experience recently…funny story, I'll have to show you pictures of my idiocy later.)

Does anyone else get this way? Ha! I hope so, because I'm starting to think about disowning Aunt Flo altogether, though I don't quite know how to get rid of her…darn reproduction.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there, LOVE your BLOG!!!! I was doing a quick google looking for the testimony shared by Elder Packer at his Forest Bend Ward, SLC 10/12/08 and found your blog, but where's the Testimony!? Thanks, AJ :)

Anonymous said...

Hello there, I LOVE your BLOG!!! So many things you are able to put in writing is how I think but can never express, thank you so much! I was just googling President Boyd K. Packer's testimony given on 10/12/08 and your blog showed up... but I cannot find the testimony... is it hiding in here someplace? Thanks! Sis AJ :)

Richard Alger said...

Why did you take down your "A Testimony of President Boyd K. Packer of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles" post?

http://209.85.173.104/search?q=cache:jkeiI6BNNroJ:neffajawea.blogspot.com/2008/10/testimony-of-president-boyd-k-packer-of.html+%22a+swirling+chain+of+circles%22&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us&client=firefox-a

Keeley said...

*massive screams* There was a post of Boyd K. Packers testimony on your blog. I was just linking to it in my blog...but it's disappeared! Where is it? It was awesome! What happened to it? AGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!

Did you find out it wasn't real? Was it real but too personal to post? If it was real but too personal to post, please let me know. If it needs to be kept private I'd love a copy for my own personal edification, not to put on my blog.

Please let me know so the screaming in my head will stop. I'm grieving for the loss of that fantastic testimony.

You May Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...