Friday, September 11, 2009

Always Learning

I'm watching my eldest monkey this morning. He's just learned how to blow up a baloon.

It's a beautiful reminder for me. I actually remember learning how to tie my shoes. I was four. It was so hard, and so frustrating, but so flipping rewarding.

And then I realize: I am only 25. I've learned much, tis true, but there is so much I don't know. How will I learn? Will someone sit with me, teaching me patiently, calmly, all the important things I need to know?

Yes. I am so grateful for that. Grateful for the scriptures, for weekly church, for weekly opportunities to start fresh. Grateful for teachers. Grateful for the Priesthood. Grateful for the Lord, sitting beside me, teaching me.

Thanks Cohen. You're a real eye opener for me.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a wonderful lesson about patience, pre-prepared and everything. It includes spilled milk and cereal.

Kelly Out

No comments:

You May Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...