Monday, September 14, 2009

Is it Tuesday YET!?


When I didn't go to the Temple for like a year (gasp!) it really didn't feel like that long.

Then we (the hubby and I) decided we needed to get going on our duty.  And now going even a week feels like a long time.  The urge to go is always strongest on Sunday, when of course I have to wait until Tuesday.  I think maybe that's why Tuesdays are always so busy in the Lords House: everyones feelin' the push.  So I started trying to go on Saturdays, give myself a little Temple boost before the two day sabatical I was facing. 
But when I don't go, I feel it keenly.  The pull is stronger than gravity.  It is physical, spiritual, mental, emotional.  I need it.  I crave it fortnightly (name that movie).  I can't wait for Tuesday! 

"I would advise all the Saints to go to with their might and gather together all their living relatives to [the temple], that they may be sealed and saved, that they may be prepared against the day that the destroying angel goes forth; and if the whole Church should go to with all their might to save their dead, seal their posterity, and gather their living friends, and spend none of their time in behalf of the world, they would hardly get through before night would come, when no man can work." -Joseph Smith

I gave a lesson yesterday that included this qoute.  Basically, what I hear at the end of this is that even if we spent every waking minute focusing on getting to the Temple, getting our family and friends there, and doing the work, WE WOULD HARDLY GET THROUGH BEFORE NIGHT WOULD COME.  I have a T.V., I can honestly say I spend more of my time in behalf of the world, than in behalf of the Lord and his amazing work. 

"The greatest responsibility in this world that God has laid upon us is to seek after our dead." -Joseph Smith

Seek after them, redeem them, and redeem ourselves.  Why, oh why, must the Temple be closed on Mondays? 

In one of this months Visiting Teaching messages, Barbara Thompson says: "We need women to be 'anxiously engaged in a good cause.'"  I can say I am anxiously engaged in Temple work.  I am anxious to get to the Temple, to get names to the Temple. 

Well, back to the world for me.  Kitchen needs cleaning (or a can of gas and a match), the bathroom is dripping with some slimey green goo, and I'm pretty sure the smell wafting up from the basement is a dead rat (thanks Kitty!).  So, Tuesday can not come soon enough!

Kelly Out

2 comments:

Jess said...

I totally understand exactly what you are saying. With being pregnant and then having Elena, Roger and I figured out that we haven't been for over a year now. We couldn't believe that it has been that long. Your right, it doesn't feel like it. We are very very very excited because Elena is finally letting other people feed her and take care of her. (She wasn't for a while, her two surgeries made her scared to not be with mom) So we are going tomorrow and I'm so excited!

Anonymous said...

You're an inspiration. It had been longer than a year for me...we live 2 hours away from the temple, and with little kids...well, it's really hard.
I got to go while visiting in Ut, and it was so wondeful! Good on ya for getting there every week!!

You May Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...