Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Small Accomplishments

How do you measure accomplishments?

By how "un"insane they help keep you.  "Don't you mean how sane they keep you, Kelly?

No, I don't.  Shut up.

Some small accomplishments I made today:

I remembered what day it was.

And because I remembered what day it was, I remembered to go to Cohen's school to be a room mom.

And because I did that, I had to walk to his school, then back, then back to his school to pick him up, then home again.  I'm counting that as my exercise for the year.

Because I exercised this year, I took the rest of the afternoon off.

I "straightened" the living room.  That's more like a HUGE accomplishment, regardless.

I took a nap.  I took a 3 hour nap.  I slept for 3 hours straight.  I slept.

Hence, I'm blogging.

And because I'm blogging, Brett is cooking dinner.

And because he's cooking dinner, and not me, the kids will probably eat.

Because I can't cook.

Because I accomplished a lot today.

Because I remembered what day it was.

Love,

Kelly

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Suffering from depression I totally get this post...not that you're depressed...but sometimes remembering to change my underwear was a HUGE accomplishment. Also being a mom, some days I can't remember my own name. What was I talking about?

genderist said...

Wonderful! Isn't it amazing to know that just remembering what day it is can make such fantastic things happen?

Tanya said...

you mean you walked "the hill" that many times in one day?!?! i am proud right now.

You May Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...