Friday, May 27, 2011

The Long Week

This has been a long week.

I'm getting pretty used to Brett being out of town for business.  But this week was...loooooooong.

It started out promising.  My mom offered to take the kids while I cleaned the house.  This was her suggestion.  I guess being mom never really leaves the blood.  Yes, mother, I know my house is a complete disaster zone.  But I had the flu for a week and I can't stop tornadoes from attacking my house.

Anyway, I dropped the kids off, but before I could get out in time, Cohen was saying how much his tooth hurt.  This was not the first time he had mentioned it, and he isn't one to complain.  Soooo, off to the dentist we go.



$58 later: no cavity.  But the boy grinds his teeth.  It must be from all that stress in his life.


Then we had swim lessons.  Or, as Cohen explains it to Kembry: swim learning.  Hilarious.  Anyway, swim lessons are always a huge occasion.  The changing, the swimming, the heat from the pool making me sweat like I'm in the Amazon, then the drying off, the getting them dressed again, then the showering, getting dressed again....ugh.  And I get to do it TWO DAYS A WEEK!  FABULOUS!


Yep, still adorable.


So at Cohen's dentist appointment, I decided I better get their teeth cleaned and made another appointment for a few days later.  


Still adorable.


It was a very informational appointment.  Both kids are cavity free!  A miracle of epic proportions.  I don't know how it happened, but the dentist and assistant gave me all the kudos, as if I had something to do with it.  Besides good teeth genes, I had nothing to do with it.

Anyway, the girl needs her tonsils out.  The dentist showed them to me, and oh-my-gosh, they were huge.  They weren't infected, they were perfectly healthy, just GINORMOUS!  He said it can cause a lot of problems with the development of their face and jaw.  She's already a big mouth breather, poor little Neanderthal.

The dentist also discovered what was causing Cohen's tooth ache.  It is a nickle sized canker sore.  I'm not sure how we missed that the first time around...but oh well.

$300 later, we left.


Afterwards I asked them if they wanted to go to lunch or get a prize, and they both said lunch at the Olive Garden!!  And because I'm a kind, obliging mother, who loves her children and has not a selfish bone in her body, to the Olive Garden we went.


Wednesday my dad and step-mom graciously took the kids for me so I could do some Cohen birthday shopping and FINALLY get my hair cut (it's been 10 months).  This was the random guy at the Gateway.  Here's my question:  What's with old men wearing shorts, black socks and sandals?  Moving on.


Thursday was perhaps one of the better days (aside from the "Terrible Awful").  Cohen "graduated" kindergarten.  He was adorable.  The performance was awesome.  It was really difficult tackling Kembry and keeping Chloe from eating the video camera, but we got it all recorded for daddy to see when he comes home.

Because we had his program, we missed swimming lessons, and Kembry did not let me live it down.  Perhaps the nail polish was her vengeance.

So, it was a busy week.  I kept forgetting to get the towels out of the washer and so I had to keep re-washing them.  Which was a huge pain, because I had other things to wash.  Like nail-polish covered couch covers and my very soul.

Also, Chloe had a blow out each day.  Mothers of the world will feel for me.  She's also started thinking it's so funny to roll away with poop all over her back while I'm attempting to change her diaper.  This is still adorable, and I'm terrified that I'll never be able to say "No" to Chloe.

We didn't read our scriptures or say prays a single night this week, which makes me feel like the worst mother in the world, and we also ate out for most of our meals, which makes me feel like the worst mother in the world.

Brett could not come home sooner.

No comments:

You May Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...