Wednesday, March 28, 2012

19 Weeks and Picture Day

Size of Baby:  According to MY ULTRASOUND, our little baby is 7 oz and about as many inches.  And right on time!  Size wise, that is.  We'll see how punctual the baby is in about 17-20 weeks.

Preferably 17 weeks.

Total Weight Gain:  I lost 4 pounds, which puts me -2 pre pregnancy weight and I am not complaining. 

Maternity Clothes:  Yep, I'm wearing them and loving them.

Gender:  Well, I WAS RIGHT!  BOO YA!  Ehem, excuse me.  It's a little penis-toting boy.  I am SO EXCITED!  We couldn't see anything between his little legs for awhile, and I was content with that.  And then WABAM!  Boy.

See?  See it?  BOY!  Yes!

Movement:  He is a wiggle wort.  I love it.  He moved a lot during the ultrasound, and he was also breech.  Which, of course, will change a few times between now and B-Day.  Hopefully...

Sleep:  *Yawn*  Let's talk about something else...The dreams, oh the horrible, horrible dreams.  Not just about the baby, but about Brett and the kids, too.  Plus, acid reflux, constantly having to pee, and back ache.  Yay for pregnancy!

What I Miss:  See above.  Seriously, sleep.  I'm so pooped by mid-afternoon.  So I get to take naps with Chloe, and I'm so grateful when she naps. 

Cravings:  I guess one can tell from the weight loss that I'm not craving much.  The bane of carrying a Neff boy en-utero.  Still, I am loving fruit mixed with Pearl Sugar.  Especially strawberries.  Yum!

Symptoms:  Oh, the usual.  Cramping, acid reflux, copious amounts of blood in my stool, homicidal hormone tirades....all right on track, I'd say ;)

Best Moment of the Week:  Today.  The ultrasound.  We took all 3 Neff kids.  It was a lot of fun.  Cohen kept the tech talking.  He had many, many questions.  "What's that red stuff?  Where's his leg?  Is that his arm?  What's the flashing thing?  Is that his HEART? COOOOOL!"  And so on. 

Then, when I walked Kembry to her class, the whole class said, "Kembry!" and a little boy sitting right by the door said, "Kembry, where have you been?"  She looked at me like, "Can I tell them?" and I nodded so she said, "I was at the HOSPITAL (we weren't) and my mom is PREGNANT!"  Her teacher said, "You're pregnant?! Did you find out what you're having?"  And Kembry said, "I'm going to have a baby brother, and my mom is PREGNANT!"  Too cute.

This Weeks Thoughts:  My friend Rachel made a funny comment and asked if (like she does) I ever think, mid-pregnancy, "What have I DONE?  I'm a total idiot for doing this again."  And yes, yes I do think that.  Less about the pregnancy and more about what's to come when he comes.  I mean, they're fun as little newborns and stuff, but then they turn into tantrum-throwing 19 month olds.  Or snotty 5 year olds.  Or know-it-all 6 year olds.  Don't get me started about what happens when they become TEENAGERS!  WHAT HAVE I DONE?!  Haha, but it's just the hormones playing tricks with my brain...right?  Sure.

Sibling Rivalry:  Nothing to report.  The kids love and fight, fight and love.  It's strange and fun to watch.  They're super independent, even Chloe, and I'm digging that. 

Here, for you're enjoyment, a creepy picture:

Yes, those are his eyes.

And as soon as I get my camera functioning, I'll post some pictures of moi. 

8 comments:

Robin said...

So fun running into you at the OB today! It was a big day for both of us! So jealous that you know your baby's gender, but I will find out tomorrow :) Love ya.

Tanya said...

congratulations on neffite brother!!! so so exciting.

Cheyenne and Seth and Co. said...

Best. News. Ever!! So happy for you!! All the more reason for you to move back someday:) our boys can be buddies! I love you, and I hope it has been the most beautiful day for your family!!

genderist said...

Hooray! Congrats!
Now post a belly picture already.

The Finlinsons said...

Yay! I'm so excited for you! I LOVE ultrasounds! They were always my favorite.

Jess said...

Oh yay!!! I'm so excited for you guys! :)

De España said...

I can't believe you wrote "penis" on your blog! That made me blush! Congratulations on a boy! I LOVE little boys (now that I have one)! I tried to comment when I first read this but something cookies blah blah wouldn't let me comment for a long time on your blog. Now my husband fixed it so I can annoy you with my long meaningless comments, mkay?

Anonymous said...

So fun for Cohen

Congrats on another boy!

Love,
Kathy and Family

You May Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...