Thursday, March 01, 2012

15 Weeks

Size of Baby:  Baby Sasquatch is the size of a yummy  naval orange.

Total Weight Gain: 2 pounds.


Maternity Clothes:  I'm definitely in maternity shirts, but I'm still squeeking by with regular pants.  For now...

Gender:  I still say boy.  I still say I'm gonna eat my words when we see girl =)

Movement:  I'm feeling more and more movement.  It's still light and soft and small, but it's definitely Sasquatch.  I love it.  I can't wait to share with Brett.  He/she did not want us to hear it's heart beat yesterday.  It kicked at the microphone and squirmed away.  Chloe did the SAME thing around this time.  Cracks me up.

Sleep:  Despite watching Paranormal Activity 2 (having just gotten over the nightmares from 3 years ago watching the first one) I'm sleeping great!  No acid reflux or heart burn at night yet.  A lot of that is probably due to my lack of appetite and not eating right before bed.  I am already having trouble catching my breath.  It made me feel better when I read that it's normal to be short of breath already.

What I Miss:  X-rays and back injections.  Steroids and anti-inflammatories.  But it's worth it!

Cravings:  Last night  I was craving rice with chicken and corn (no idea) and so my loving husband made it and it was delicious!  Cravings during pregnancy are weird.  It feels like nothing else will do.  I have to have what I'm craving or I don't bother eating at all.  Also, Cohen was downing an apple while he was reading (it was so cute, he looked just like Bastian from Neverending Story) and so I took it from him and ate half of it in one bite.  He forgave me...eventually.

Symptoms:  I have my energy back!  No more nausea!  My belly is poking out.  I love the second trimester!

Best Moment of the Week: I loved finding out how high  my uterus was.  According to the books, websites, etc. it should only be just above my pubic bone, but I could SWEAR it was so much higher.  When the doctor did my measurements, she had me feel the top of my uterus, and it was just under my belly button. So high!  Which explains why I can still wear regular pants and why I look like I'm 6 months pregnant instead of just 4ish months.

This Weeks Thoughts:  As we get closer to the ultrasound, I keep considering NOT finding out.  Unfortunately, Brett says he WILL find out, so I can't be having that.  I can't have him know and me NOT know.  That would drive me insane.  I'm also thinking this: 3 bedrooms is not enough for 4 kids.  So, I started house hunting again.  I think Brett has warmed to the idea.  He's terrified that for some reason we'll have to go back to Utah, and then we'll be stuck with a house in Arizona we can't sell.

Sibling Rivalry:  Kembry has totally regressed these past few days.  I don't know what's going on, but I'm not enjoying it.  I think she was a little jealous of Cohen having his buddy Cody over (from Utah).  She bawled her eyes out when they left our house for good Sunday night.  So, I'm going to try and get a play date or two set up for her with girls in her class.  I hope their moms don't think I'm weird when I randomly send a note home with their daughter...

No comments:

You May Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...