Sunday, July 08, 2012

Who Wears Mink Stoles, Anyway?

It is hot.

I'm locked away in my dungeon, the coolest room in the house.  The window unit here says it's only 70 degrees, but I think it's a big fat liar.  In fact, I told it as much.

My hair sits on my neck like a mink stole, and I wonder if it's possible for a pregnant woman to go through menopause. 

The book says I'm hot because my blood vessels are swelling, and there are 50% more of those vessels rushing through my flushed body.  Also, my metabolic rate has increased to make my body more efficient.

I can tell you this: it better me digesting everything more efficiently.  Every little piece of loose fat rolling around my body, making itself at home in my butt and thighs and, sigh, boobs.  Digest!  Digest away!  And if not, MELT, MELT AWAY!  How is it not melting in this heat?  How am I not melting?

Does Kian feel this uncomfortable in there?  Short of running around in the nude, I can't figure out how to stay cool.  I experimented yesterday with a box of Popsicles.  Didn't work.  Oh well, it was a good try.

The good news: Brett picked up my books from the library that I had on hold.  One, I've already read, and I remember loving it.  I'm so glad I can barely remember it.  It's like reading it for the first time all over again, knowing I'll love it!  "Dinner at the Homesick Restaurant" by Anne Tyler.  Highly recommend.

Second, "Daisy Fay and the Miracle Man" by Fanny Flagg, who wrote "Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe".  One of my favorites.  Dad recommended this one to me.  It's written from the point of view of an eleven year old girl and I think it's just adorable that he wanted me to read it.  Love my daddy.

Hope you're all having a cool, Sunday afternoon!


No comments:

You May Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...