Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Hodge Podge

My children are both sleeping, and much to my devastation, I cannot.

Last night I woke up several times choking to death.  In the wee hours of the morning, I could not figure out why this was happening.  This morning, after spitting out, swallowing, and hacking away with a pitchfork, I realized it was phlegm.  I had a good long hard laugh at myself when I realized this. 

I love our family doctor.  I'm constantly concerned that I'm a hypochondriac, and he knows this.  Lucky for me (lucky?) we usually leave with a prescription (and a refill, he knows us) of antibiotics.  Yesterday was no exception. 

He also informed me I have a long, uphill battle ahead of me.  Being pregant ultimately means my immune system is on a sabatical, allowing my little peanut to remain in an undisturbed state of bliss. 

Result: I may be choking on my phlegm for some weeks to come. 

On the flip-side, monkey #3 is kicking up a wild storm, and I'm lovin' every minute of it! 

On the flip-flip-side (would that be a 360?) I received these text-messages from my favorite step-mom yesterday and my naieve thoughts in between:

Cheri is on a plane to Seattle (oh good, glad she's on her way home, probably misses her family) Grandma is sound asleep after a successful surgery (thank heavens everything went fine) Tim and I are home ALONE.  We are running around the house naked and screaming because we can!  (Does anyone have a gun I could borrow...I only need one bullet...straight to my head...)    TEXT 2: Woops, forgot to close the blinds.  Need to be bailed out of jail.
Haha, I love my step-mom.  She really knows how to keep me updated!  I'm also thankful she doesn't read my blog.  I think I might be in trouble for posting that.  But what mama don't know...

Kelly Out

No comments:

You May Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...