Wednesday, February 08, 2012

12 *cough* Weeks *Hack* *Snort*

Well we made it folks.  The second trimester is just days away.  Here we go!

Size of Baby: According to thebump.com, my baby is the size of a delicious plum.  Mmmm, plum.

Total Weight Gain: Down an additional 2 pounds, total of 6 pounds lost.  It's been a rough couple days.

Maternity Clothes:  I did buy some cute-on-the-rack maternity capris pants...yeah, that about says it all.  They, of course, slide off my butt and wrap tight around my legs.  How does this happen?

Gender:  I still have hives so I still say BBBBOY!  And congratulations to my friend Jessica who is having a boy!

Movement:  We have lift off!  This week I felt hiccups.  Little tiny, itty bitty, light hiccups.  They lasted about 10 seconds and I cried.  I needed that.

Sleep: Does not exist.  But that's Brett's fault.  He had to up and go to Texas, like the traitor he is!

What I Miss:  Sleep.  See above.

Cravings:  I've had zero appetite the past few days thanks to this fabulous cold I'm sporting.  It's all the rage.

Symptoms: Forgetfulness.  Wait, what we were talking about?

Best Moment of the Week:  The hiccups, for sure.  Definitely put a smile on my face and tears in my eyes.

What I'm Looking Forward To:  Brett coming home on Friday.  I'm so hormonal and emotional (and sick).  I just need my boogy bear to come home and take care of me.

This Weeks Thoughts:  I actually forgot I was pregnant a few times this week.  In the middle of the night I went into the medicine cabinet and grabbed the ibuprofen (my back was killing me) and then as I was searching for the water, I realized, "Wait.  Dur.  You're knocked up!"  Being sick and having sickies to take care of has definitely taken my  mind from my little fetus.  I feel bad, but what can you do?  So I'm taking a few minutes out of each day to "reconnect" with fetus #4 and remind it and me, that, unfortunately, it's the bottom of the totem pole right now.  In a few months, it'll be at the very top.  That's just how it goes.

Sibling Rivalry:  My kids have been pretty good.  Chloe is sick and SUPER clingy, which *sigh* I really love.  Today she sat on my stomach for a good two hours.  She didn't want to leave me.  It was nice.  I didn't have the heart to tell her she was squishing her little brother or sister.  And my gut.

No comments:

You May Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...