Thursday, February 23, 2012

Can I Have Some Cheese with My Whine?

My back.

My stupid, stupid back.

For 8 years now it's been a source of constant pain and irritation.

And here I am again.  Crippled.

I cried at my doctors appointment yesterday. Not because of the pain, but because of the amount of weakness in my leg.  I can't even bend my toes or twist my ankle.  It's very...discouraging.

This happened before, in July.  I got a lovely dose of steroids through an i.v. and then a steroid shot in my back.  Together, they worked wonders!

I can't get either of these things while I'm pregnant.

In fact, I can't take anything that will reduce swelling: the number one reason that I'm losing strength and mobility in my leg.

For the first time in 4 pregnancies, I took an ibuprofen.  You have to know that this was done heavily, and with much thought and concern.  I want my baby to be healthy, but I would love to be able to walk when it's born.  I'm in my 2nd trimester, and there isn't a very good chance that one 200 mg ibuprofen will effect the fetus.  But still, it was scary.

The worst part is that it didn't help =*(  I still have crippling pain.  I still can't lift my leg.  I don't think I'll do it again, even with permission from my doctor.

If Brett has to start changing my diapers, I'm pulling the plug.  Don't they offer euthanasia in Canada?

Love-

Miserable in Mesa

1 comment:

Tanya said...

this sounds like a suck-y situation to say the least. especially that part in brett's near future about diaper changes. hehehe! take it easy.

You May Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...