Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Getting to bed on time

What with all the frippery, gewgaws and trifles that fill up our daily lives and take away from the more important things, in this case sleep, I decided last night to take a stand. I was tired. Dog tired. I had planned to attend a super enrichment, with a wonderful woman speaking, but I honestly didn't think I could drive (yes, drive, two blocks) up the street. Yet another ostentatious move. Me walk? Haha! I have a car. Along to the point, so, I put the kids to bed early, because if I'm tired, they too must be exhausted. Luckily, this wasn't just wishful thinking. They went straight to sleep. After which Brett and I (here is where it all comes together) put in a DVD in our bedroom. 10 minutes into it, I said to myself, I said "Self, you're stupid." And I agreed. I was exhausted! Why was I watching a stupid video, depriving myself of even one extra minute of delicious slumber?! And so, at 8:54, on the nose, I rested my weary head on my fine pillow and drifted peacefully into some freaky dreams, but that's another blog for another day.
So I'm looking to hire anyone interested in slapping me upside the head when it's getting on to 10:30 at night, and I just want to hang on for one more episode of "Everybody Loves Raymond", an episode I'm most certainly to have already seen.

No comments:

You May Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...