Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Breaking Dawn

ATTN! SPOIL ALERT! SPOIL ALERT!

I cannot bring myself to finish this, the last and FINAL of the Twilight Series. My life, it seems, is coming to a complete halt. Of course, I get this problem with almost every book I read. Except Harry Potter. I was too excited to see if my father-in-law really did ruin it for me, and if so, all the mean words I had planned to yell at him were waiting to escape my mouth. He did, and I yelled, and now I feel better.

Anywho...man I get off subject easily. But let me just say, honeymooning vampires alone on an island maybe isn't the greatest thing for the tweeners to be reading. Call me crazy. But, if you're a mom of a tweener, now is an EXCELLENT time to have the birds and bees talk. Rather, the human/vampire talk. Whichever applies. This book makes me blush. I'm afraid to read it with Brett in the house. Or with the kids. Or with the neighbors knowing I'm reading it. In fact, you know what, I'm not reading it folks. Nope. Never picked it up.

Aside from all the rabbit-habits of the hybrid love birds, let me just say this book is Twisted and sick and crooked and weird and scary and wrong and absolutely, positively WONDERFUL! So get on it Kimby and mom and Tanya. I need some women to rap with! Cheyenne's gonna get sick of me sooner than later I'm sure...if she can even bring herself to talk about it. If I can...

Here comes those blushes again...

4 comments:

Cheyenne and Seth and Co. said...

Kel! I just finished this morning. What a strangely sad sad event, but so good. You're assumptions, or maybe hopes, that I would get tired of talking to you are sadly mistaken. We must discuss...

Kimbie said...

I just started reading it sunday night at like 10:00 pm. I'm on the 3rd or 4th chapter in Jacob's point of view. I LOVE it. Its absolutely wonderful. The wild crazy honeymoon made me laugh, because of Edward's strength. Thats all I'm gonna say about that! Don;t want to ruin it for anyone...oh and the stuff that Bella pulled out of her bag that Alice had packed for her...thats awesome!!! Joey predicted something about jacob that a friend had confirmed, so I'm waiting to get to that part..Joey says it will make me gasp really loud? So I'm very anxious!

Unknown said...

Hey Kelly! I got it at midnight Friday too. I'm not finished yet because we've been house hunting and stuff, but I'm almost finished! Hopefully tonight :). Anyway, I wondered that too about letting the tweens read it. My sister is 14 and I felt a little uneasy about her reading it. But she'd read it no matter what I said! Believe it or not, I didn't blush about the lovey stuff. Weird, huh? You'd think of all people, I would. But not at all. Hope you guys are doing well!

Liz Harrell said...

Amen sister! It's starting to settle a little more with me.. and I'm not so mad anymore. I was downright upset there wasnt a big fight in the end. I was ready for Bella to beat somebody up.. or better yet... save Edward and Jacob with some fancy high kicks and vampire punches. But, I'm better now. It was an all encompassing read and I'm sad it's over.

And yeah, the honeymooning stuff freaked me out. Not sure why. But it did, I called to warn my boss (whose 12 year old daughter was at the release party).

You May Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...