Friday, August 15, 2008

C'est La Vie

So much is happening, you'd think I'd have oodles and gads to write about. Seriously, how about this weather!! Yet, nothing solid comes to mind. Maybe it's that when so much is happening, its hard for simpletons like myself to wrap my small brain around it all; I'm a poorly painted water color...everything sort of just bleeds into everything else. I've never really been able to separate one event from another; to compartmentalize as it were. Is it good or bad to compartmentalize? Let's say...good. But then I think of my husband.

Ahh Brett. He has an amazing talent of compartmentalizing. Work. Home. Music. Friends. Family. All neat, different little compartments in his very well organized head. He can come home from a day of work where he's received a promotion, a raise, and a bonus the size of my hair today (which is big), and not even mention it 'til like ten o'clock at night. This has happened people. But it's more than that. You ask him how his day was, and he'll shrug his shoulders and say "good" or "bad" or "eh" or "David said something funny today." That's it.

Sometimes his laconic responses leave me reeling. This man MUST be having an affair to have so little to talk about concerning his day. Alas, he is not. He's too much in love with his short, blonde, chubby little wife. Lucky her. Wait! That's me! Yes!!

All in all though, Susan's passing as been smooth and well handled. Cousins have flown in, we've all come together to complete the painful and arduous task of planning and carrying out a funeral. We throw one heck of a funeral, I'll tell you what.

So give me a few days of recovery. Let my eyes dry a little. Let my brain kick-start itself into functioning in normal mode, and maybe, just maybe, I might have something important to say.

Probably not.

Onward and Upward!

2 comments:

Tanya said...

women aren't supposed to compartmentalize. we have bubbles! like you said, everything runs together, and that's just how we were made:) and did you say you were blond?!?

Ryan & Hayley said...

I know exactly how you feel about asking the husband how work was today! I finally stopped asking because after 6 years of getting the exact same 1 word answer I finally gave up and now I just ask it in my head - and then I anwer back in my head. It leaves for less disappointment hoping this is going to be the day he spills what a wonderful, marvelous, interesting and exciting day he had.

You May Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...