Monday, August 18, 2008

Denial is a sick thing people

So I've been sick for 12 days now. Sick, as in retching my guts every time I eat something. Sick, as in no energy to move. Sick, as in neglect my children and my home. And yet somehow I've managed to doll myself up for two separate occasions, work every day, clean house, see half a movie and take my kids to Lagoon.

NO I'M NOT PREGNANT. But I was in denial for so long that what could have been a simple little problem has turned into a pending surgery. Gripes. (Does anyone say "gripes" anymore?)

I've always wondered how people allow things to go on that are so obviously a problem. I remember once, after Kembry was born, that I had a pebble in my shoe. And this pebble was in my shoe ALL THE LIVE LONG DAY, until, finally, I was cooking dinner and slipped my shoe off and removed said pebble, only to have resulting blisters and a hole in my shoe. I couldn't even take a bloody second to fix a simple problem. Did I learn a lesson? No. Now I have pebbles in my gallbladder that I failed to 'remove', and now I have to remove the whole thing.

Denial is a sick thing, people. Some words of advice: unless your pregnant, throwing up after every meal is a BAD thing, and shouldn't be put on the back burner.

On the bright side of a diseased gallbladder, I've managed to lose weight and have taken on a new diet of only toast and applesauce. So, ya know. Yay forced weight loss!

3 comments:

Kimbie said...

I'm sorry my Kelly :( Let us know if you need anything, okay. Love you!

Tanya said...

kelly, we should have know this was a bigger problem! anyway, help is on the way. we'll be bringing you fam dinner on saturday, but you should really stick to your BRAT diet:)

Ryan & Hayley said...

Kelly, I feel for ya. I had my gall bladder out 4 years ago, however, I didn't get to experience gall stones-just 6 months of nausea, 3 pregnancy tests, 2 ultra sounds, 50 million other tests, the thought that I was going crazy and just imagining that I was sick, and 3 nights in the hospital. And to top it all off I got sent home sick as a dog Christmas Eve so I could spend an enjoyable Christmas with my family! Serious, that was one Christmas where I would have rather stayed at the hospital. Brings back great memories. Thanks for reminding me. See if I ever read your blog again!

You May Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...