Monday, August 04, 2008

Twilight-a-palooza

The night began the same as any great girls night: friends, laughter, and anticipated excitement. Or, let's go with the feeling of the evening: angst.



There were SO MANY different types of people there. Of course, out of about 5-6 hundred people, you get your fair share of "every type". The young, of course:



Mothers with their daughters in Sunday dress. For some, this was a sacred event.

Oddly, a lot of...saged folk were present:

And this girl just doesn't count. But we all decided she knew she was beautiful. Then we all tried really hard to focus on the fact that we've each had two children, and, well, hips are a natural part of child baring, and that one day hopefully she would have them too. Stupid, skinny, non-child baring women in hot red dresses. I'm done.

Most people picked up a copy of "Eclipse" to suck in the very small amount of information they could gain from the tiny little first chapter previewed at the end of the book. I, also, partook in the mania. I was drooling down to my toes. Good thing I wasn't the only one, otherwise I may have stood out.

Finally, FINALLY, after 4 and a half long, HOT, hours, we got our books. I can't tell you we were the most excited 5 girls in the store, but we were definitely up there.


Sara was SO excited. Oh to be 13 again.

She said, "Get a picture of me kissing it!" I think this was her first kiss. Better than mine!!! (No offense Adam!)

3 comments:

Tanya said...

that was so fun, i definitely will work on my double chin!

Cheyenne and Seth and Co. said...

ha ha! That was SO fun! Here's to "team Edward," 1:00 o'clock frosties, and good friends!

Carl and Steph said...

you crack me up, kelli. I wish I had more time to read every word of your blog. My little sister is reading the twilight (or wahtever you call it) series. Is it really that good? And who do you root for, Jacob or Edward? I don't know who they are or what their differences are, but my little sister goes on and on about edward being good and jacob bad. Should I be concerned?

You May Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...