Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Making Pearls from Stones

Anyone who has dealt with gallbladder issues will understand how quickly things can get out of hand. Kelly has been in to the doctor with some pretty uncomfortable pain and nausea which was determined to be likely viral. Next step was to the emergency room to find out that it was indeed the gallbladder. We left Sunday night intending to schedule a surgery and keep a careful watch on her diet. Monday rolled around and we had an appointment to meet with the surgeon and some medicine to deal with the symptoms until we could schedule the procedure. It wasn't even that afternoon when the symptoms were no longer being controlled by the narcotics, so back we went to the ER at the surgeon's nurse's advice. At about 5:30, our beautiful tiny gallbladder was delivered with three lovely stones. The mother, or as I'll call her, the host, is doing well, feeling better than ever and recovering. If all goes to plan (as it has so well thus far) she'll be home this morning and back to normal next week

7 comments:

Carl and Steph said...

I don't assume we'll get to see pictures of the "new arrivals." God bless all of you any may your mommy get better soon.

Kimbie said...

I'm glad the surgery went well! If you need me to takes your kids I can do that. I know I'm quite a bit a ways, and you probably having parents take them, but if they can't, I'm more than willing. Love you Kel!

onnuh said...

Kelly, I hope you feel better soon and get a lot of nice down time with naps, daytime TV, and being waited on hand and foot!

The Porters said...

Our prayers are with you guys... let us know if we can do anything

Ryan & Hayley said...

I really hope you recover quickly - not fun.

Lac said...

GOsh Kel, you're really going through it. I'm so sorry you have had all this to deal with. That's horrible. I hope you get feeling better soon!

Christy and Kevin said...

Oh wow....gosh that must have been painful Kelly. I am so glad you are okay. Hang in there!

You May Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...