Thursday, August 07, 2008

Ugh, no camera?! C'mon!!

What is it with the irony in this world? Daily I take roughly 30 pictures. Nothing to write home about. I just love my little monkeys. So why is it when something really cute or something really cool happens that I don't have my camera or the battery is very inconveniently DEAD?

Por exemple: We went to Larkin and Tasia's yesterday, and they were all lined up along the bench on Tanya's kitchen table, sweetly, quietly, innocently eating their snack. Then they all three picked up their sippy cups and started drinking at the same time. For those of you out there who don't find this absolutely adorable, I understand. But for the rest of us, can you believe I didn't get a picture of this?! Seriously adorable. Cutest bunch of kids ever.

Then, THEN, my friends, last night as I was peacefully dozing into oblivion (thanks again Lunesta!) my husband barges into the room, throws on the blinding light to show me a bug on his hand. At first, I was ready to kill, then ask questions, but then I saw the long, blue shaft, the sheer, glittering wings, and my eyes bulged out of my head in disbelief. The first question I asked was, "Is it dead?" And he's laughing partially hysterically. "No, it's cleaning itself, look." And sure enough, there on my husband abnormally long index finger was a very beautiful, very alive dragon fly. Just cleaning itself. Her wings started to flutter and tickle Brett, but she still held on. I don't blame her, he has nice hands.

Apparently the little lady flew in through our open window, was attacked by our Harley-cat, and took refuge on the human. Strange little thing. Regardless, NO FLIPPIN' CAMERA!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot express in words the regret that floods through me right now.

Moral of the story: close your windows. You never know who can win an attack between a dragon fly and your cat. Harley's still upset he didn't get to smear it's blood religiously underneath his eyes last night.

1 comment:

Carl and Steph said...

Amen sister!! I went to my first MOMS club and Brady met little boy. As I go to take their picture, "BUZZZ REPLACE BATTERY BUZZZZ" dead....

You May Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...