Thursday, December 18, 2008

Missed Time

The survey polled 508 customers and found that the holidays cause stress for 85 percent of respondents and leave nearly 60 percent feeling unfulfilled and regretful when they are over.

 As in past years, respondents were asked to rank the following holiday activities from most stressful to least stressful. Money, gift-giving and health still topped the list, but managing workload to take time off reclaimed a place in the top three after dropping to number eight last year.

 2008's Top 10 Most Stressful Holiday Activities

2007's Top 10 Most Stressful Holiday Activities

1.     Spending too much money

2.     Deciding what gift to buy for whom

3.     Managing workload to take time off

4.     Taking care of physical well-being

5.     Not enough time to shop

6.     Not enough time for events

7.     Sending gifts and cards on time

8.     Creating a specific holiday budget

9.     Decorating for or hosting and holiday party

10.  Maintaining relationships with family, friends and co-workers

1.     Spending too much money

2.     Deciding what gift to buy for whom

3.     Sending gifts and cards on time

4.     Taking care of physical well-being

5.     Not enough time to shop

6.     Not enough time for events

7.     Decorating for or hosting a holiday party

8.     Managing workload to take time off

9.     Maintaining relationships with family, friends and co-workers

10.  Creating a specific holiday budget

Hi. My name is Kelly and "I have to admit." Okay, I realize that's an inside joke, but those who get it are rolling on the floor right now. Anywho…

I have to admit that though I do feel some of these stresses, especially number 2, there is only one real stress I feel that cannot be helped (because I'm an idiot) and is not on this list (or on any other list of that matter.)

I miss lost time. And knowing that because I'm a stubborn oaf, a lot of the lost time I'm groaning about now is my own fault. I miss time I could have spent with friends that are no longer my friends. I'm thinking of only one particular friend this Holiday, and I've thought about her so much lately that I've *gasp* even dialed her number on my cell phone, only to quickly push the red phone button, thus ending any possibility of reconciliation. This is the longest I've gone without this friend. It's hard. It's frustrating. And most of all, it's lost time that is so stupid and pointless, that I just want to kick myself in the face (miraculous feat! Or feet. Stupid Pun. Moving on.)

"Do not squander time, for it is the stuff life is made of." Um. Mr. Ashley's sign on his property in Gone with the Wind. Watch it. Love it.

"I do not say doubt, but hope." Mr. Knightley, Emma by Jane Austen

Anyway, to this friend, if you're reading this, I'm sure you know who you are. I miss you. Have a Merry Christmas.


 

No comments:

You May Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...