Wednesday, December 03, 2008

What can a husband do?

My poor husband. I mean, that really goes without saying, he married a mad woman after all.

But this mad woman has decided to re-read Jane Austen. Poor fella. I'm reading Northanger Abbey, and when he was snippy with me last night (okay, not snippy, Brett's NEVER snippy, but he kept on persisting to get his way) I called him Mr. Thorpe.

Gasp!

What an insult, right?

Well, he had no idea…

Poor guy.

So, if there are any other Jane Austen Husbands out there, give Brett a pat on the shoulder next time you see him, nod your head, and give him a look that clearly explains you know what he's going through.

Maybe you could form a "I Hate Jane Austen Book Club".

I think Brett would volunteer to be President.

No comments:

You May Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...