Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I. Am. Tired.

And it's my own stupid fault. I got this INGENIOUS idea to go to a scary movie last night. Well, M. Night Shymalan scary, which for me these days, is scary enough. The basis of the movie is that something is happening. In fact (brace yourselves), it's called "The Happening". Here's a movie poster for your viewing enjoyment:


I'm really not sure what neurons are not synapsing in my brain that would entice me to see this movie on a weeknight. Never the less, the damage has been done. And this may come as a surprise to those of you who knew me in my pre-baby days, in which horror movies were a sort of life-blood for me, but I could not sleep last night. At. All. I just kept seeing people standing around looking creepy. It never got to the point that they were killing themselves, although I knew it was coming, so that gives me little solace. I did, however, wake up in the middle of the night screaming at Brett. Please, come into my bedroom with me. Last night. Approximately 2:38 A.M.

Kelly: Brett, wake up.
Brett: What?!
Kelly: Switch me sides, I don't want the plants to get mad at me.
Brett: What plants?
Kelly: Hurry and switch me sides, the air is blowing them on me.
Brett: Are you seriously waking me up at 2 in the morning because of plants.
Kelly: Yes, hurry, switch me sides.

And I actually thought there were plants on my headboard. I remember this conversation, I was, albeit still dreaming, very coherent. Brett, bless his heart, switched sides with me. Unfortunately, so did the plants in my dreams. It's ok though, because I did what they wanted, and all was forgiven. Stupid, evil plants.

Anywho, for those of you readers who've managed to hang on this long, I really enjoyed...well, not enjoyed, but I really liked "The Happening". I like M. Night Shymalan because he always gives us a glimpse a few months into the future after everything...er...happens. I appreciate that, being a woman. I need that closure.

1 comment:

Mrs. Fox said...

Lol. I like horror movies/I hate horror movies. The commercials for that movie have been giving me the creeps for weeks. Then when I read in the review that it was the trees - well, I lost interest.

I once had a similar conversation with my husband, only I woke him up and told him that he had better not ever wake up and be a zombie. 'Cause , you know, you have control over those sorts of things. :)

You May Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...