Monday, June 30, 2008

This post is mostly for Grandparents...you've been warned.

Wow, where does the time go? Oh, there it is. Anyway, this weekend was another milestone weekend for the Neff family. This post is going to cause more than it's fair amount of tears from this over emotional mother of two.

Cohen. Is. Potty. Trained.

How did this happen? I don't know, it all...just...sort...of...happened. One minute I'm changing my now-three-year old's diaper, the next second he wants to go in the 'big boy potty'. Maybe it was my reaction to him actually using the potty on his own (I all but Knighted him I was so proud) but he was so excited he just kept it up. It was amazing. Then, of course, 'day two' we had several "accidents", including one at his best buds-sisters birthday party on Saturday (Tanya, I understand if you want to remove him from the running of Tasia's husband. Ha ha). But that did not deter the little rascal. No, not a bit. He went potty on Larkins potty, then at Walmart. Sunday morning he woke up before me and Brett (big surprise), took off his diaper, and went to the potty in the morning. He went at church, then again at Aunt Woo Woo's house. Aren't you glad I gave you a moment-by-moment of where and when? Yeah, I'm sure you are!

But by far the cutest part was when I was neglecting my children and finishing up reading The Host and I heard the toilet flush. This is always a bad sign in our house when someone other than me or Brett flushes the toilet. I went to investigate, and much to my surprise I saw Cohen rinsing out his little toilet bowl. He just looked up at me and smiled and said, "I went by myself mommy!" He not only went by himself, but he dumped it in the toilet and cleaned it out and washed his hands, all without my help or prompting. I think I have the cutest boy in the world. Let me check....yep, I do.

1 comment:

Kimbie said...

YEA!!!! I can't wait for that day! I'm working on it, But every time I start, Kaiyenna always seems to have a sore bum from eating something acidic. So When I would wipe her she would cry, and I was taking her to the bathroom every 15 to 20 or 30 mins, so It was pretty rough on her.

You May Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...