Friday, July 18, 2008

The Good, The Good Looking, The Bad and The Ugly

I did something I've never, EVER done before. Something I thought I would never do. So, I watched "So You Think You Can Dance", and I made a personal observation. I say personal, because looks are very subjective. However, there are some looks that are just imperially hideous to the eye, or universally pleasing. And so, I share with you my personal observation.


What happened to the days where it was about TALENT, and NOT looks?


Lynyrd Skinard. Shutter. Out of a group this size, you would think one of them would have some redeemable quality. But, no. However, Lynyrd Skinard has brought us such amazing music, such as Free Bird and one of my personal favorites Sweet Home Alabama. They terrify me to see, but they are on my iPod. My imaginary iPod.
And The Beatles. I'm sorry Mom, but I don't get it. Someone needs to explain to me why this


was ever considered, shutter again, sexy. I have pictures of you dad, imitating this look, so don't try to weasel out of it. You all thought they were good lookin', so hot and spicy. Mmm, The Beatles. A small form of torture for me would be to have to relive even just one fantasy from a teenage girl during the 60's. Horrible. But there is no denying the impact The Beatles had, and have, on our music history. Also on our history of famous divorces, but that's for another post.


Then we have today's, um, Talent?
Gorgeous, yes. Steamy, oh yeah. Talented...that's highly debatable.

So, when I watched this reality show, I was excited to see that this type-casting was not practiced.
Courtney, honey, you ugly, but you can dance!


Joshua, you ugly, but you can dance!

Thank you, oh wise judges of So You Think You Can Dance, for considering talents over looks.

Of course, dance is not pretty. I am ashamed.
**Disclosure**
I can make these comments because I am uncommonly beautiful and talented. So, no hypocrisy here. Nope, none whatsoever. Now let me go slip into my size -3 jeans and white see-through tee-shirt and go for a jog up the mountain while recording my fifth number one single at the same time. Thank you.

3 comments:

Kimbie said...

First things first...people thought The Beetles were good looking because they were most popular in the 60's and 70's when most people were under the influence of something!!! I do have to disagree on dancing though...I use to dance when I was little and haven't done much since, but strangely I have this crazy passion for it and I think dance is BEAUTIFUL!! Some of the routines make me cry, oh what the heck, everything makes me cry. Anyways, I think Courtney is cute, she's not gorgeous, but she's not ugly. I do agree... very talented! I don't know if you got a glimps of Mark...he's ugly. He is a very quirky dancer, but I like it! So next time you watch "so you think you can dance," watch specifically for Mark!! You'll enjoy it. p.s. Look at his pinky's. hee hee

Tanya said...

please tell me those aren't your feet...if they are, i'm not judging you...

Carl and Steph said...

hahaha, that's hilarious.

You May Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...