Thursday, July 17, 2008

Stupid Heathcliff. Stupid Catherine.

I've been so involved in Wuthering Heights that I've forgotten about most everything else. I haven't had as much time to read at home as I normally do, so I've been reading at work instead of blogging, or working. Haha, I have a great job!

It's not my first time reading the book, and it's not the first time that I've furiously put it down cursing Heathcliff and Catherine. I love how he tells Catherine to haunt him, to torture him with her ghostly presence, how he says "I'm your murderer, and the murdered must haunt their murderer"; this after telling her she was killing herself, and it was her own stupid fault. Stupid Heathcliff, stupid Catherine. They're the worlds dumbest lovers, if you can even call them that. They take normal thinking and turn it into some kind of sick mockery. Someone just needed to give Catherine some Prozac and most of this would've been straightened out from the get-go. Thank Heavens for Vitamin P.

Alright, that's enough out of me.

No comments:

You May Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...