Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Grand pappies


Oh my, these grand pappy's are by far the greatest three grand pappy's this side of the Nile. Either side of the Nile. In DeNILE. Haha, stupid joke.


Dad. My dad. Papa Tim. I think he started contemplating grand-babies 6.8 seconds after he found out Brett and I were getting married. He didn't stop pestering. He was so excited that Brett and I decided to invite him to Cohen's ultrasound where Cohen was named Buford by my dad. Well, needless to say, Buford and Papa Tim are nearly inseparable. I had more baseball hats on my pregnant belly that anyone should have to put up with. Papa Tim works on choo choo trains, and even took Cohen and Kembry on one! He thinks of grand-dad-hood the way I think of roast beef and mashed potatoes with carrots: our eyes get all glazed over and we begin to drool. Like father like daughter. Bit different though…I guess…I mean, I hope he doesn't want to eat my babies!!


Let's throw into the mix Papa Mike. Oy gava. Papa Mike. Toys in the diaper, chocolate ALL THE TIME, giggling non-stop, crude remarks about bodily functions. I remember not having any expectations of Mike when we had Cohen. I remember thinking that it was okay if he didn't take right away to a new born baby. And I was right to. Mikey doesn't like the newborn babies so much. He says they look like creepy aliens, and, after he explained to me why, I can kind of see it. Anywho, not long after this little revelation about Mikey's feelings towards newborns, Kembry came along. Love at first site. One day, Kembry was only a few weeks old, Marilyn handed the girl over to the grandpa and said, "Hold her for a sec." Well, he had his arms out all awkward like, but he held her the rest of the afternoon. He even looked at her a few times. Needless to say, he's now happily wrapped around her tiny little fingers.

Papa Scott and the race cars. That's all we get out of Cohen. Papa Scott and the race cars. Papa Scott has a race car. Papa Scott was watching race cars. Cohen and Papa Scott are truly a match made in heaven. Anything that goes fast, they both react the same way I react to roast beef and mashed potatoes with carrots: eyes all glazed over and drool and all. What? I like roast beef, and they really love things that go fast! And what Brett and I love about Papa Scott is that he has some strange defense against Kembry's puppy-dog-give-me-anything-and-everything-I-want eyes. Well, almost completely immune…


Today I'm grateful for these grand-pappies. They make my kids lives! Anytime you even begin to say "Papa" we get bright eyes and squeals of delight. After a visit, the kids talk about it for days. Thank you Papa Tim, Papa Mike and Papa Scott and the race car. We love and appreciate you so much!! Now where's my roast beef?

1 comment:

Liz Harrell said...

I'm so missing my grandfathers today!

You May Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...