Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Gratitude: Day 1

I'm struggling to blog these days. Mostly I just want to lie down and wallow in sick-self-pity and let Brett rub my feet and bathe my children. But a friend of mine named Stephanie decided to blog about the things she's grateful for. And each time I read them, it made me think about the things I'm grateful for. And pretty soon I got a little cheered up despite the many...um...rocky roads of the past month. So, thanks Steph for the inspiration and the example. It makes me think of the song, "Count your blessings name them one by one; Count your blessings see what God has done; Count your blessing, name then one by one; Count your many blessings see what God has done."



Day 1: Examples



I'm grateful for examples: good and bad. Everyone doing anything anywhere is an example to someone, and just this thought makes me straighten up a little bit, walk a little taller, and be less and less afraid to share the Gospel. I know there are people watching me.

I watch how people treat other people and sometimes I am amazed and disgusted. So, I watch the amazing things more often, and boy the world starts to look better and better with each instance.

Monday was new bra day (sorry fella's, hold on, it's a short one.) I was determined, despite throwing up after every meal, to replace the 3 year old that currently supported me. DETERMINED! So we went to the mall on Labor Day when I realized, duh, it's "The Jerry Lewis Telethon!" Something that I had been apart of once and absolutely loved. If you want to see some good examples, hang out at South Town Mall on Labor Day. These people offer so much of their time, services and money to make sure that research continues for a cure. MD is a horrible thing to watch a loved one suffer with. I really admire the people who are diagnosed and who live with it in such a way. They're wonderful examples. So is Jerry Lewis! Seriously, I can't believe he's still alive! Way to keep kicking man! And thanks for the great example you set with your life!

No comments:

You May Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...