Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Gratitude Day 6




Today is a double header folks. I'm grateful for late night movies and the good friends who join me each time!

Every once in awhile, I just need a fun time out from the house. These times generally come around 9:45 p.m. at a movie theater with my best friend, Tanya. We both have two little monkeys (a third on the way for Tanya!) and so late night is the only time we have. What does one do at 9:45 p.m. you may ask. Or you may not, considering I've already told you. We go to the movies.

Last night, however, I got to go with a new friend. I had so much fun! It lifts my spirits and gives me that much needed dose of estrogen. It's the greatest having people in my life that relate to me, that "get me", that don't go screaming and waving their hands in the air after I speak. For these friends, I am grateful.

And for these movie nights, I am grateful. Mostly we see chic flicks, cause those are the ones the hubbies don't care that we see; and they're the ones we relate to at those particular times because we're usually really chicky on those nights. I love stopping at Zomba Juice and getting a yummy orange energy drink and then have Tanya hide it in her vintage Old Navy purse for me because I drink cold things slow, and because she's the bestest friend in the world.

Mostly though I just love those few hours I get to spend with my friends. We spend time together aside from this, but this is our time. No kids (except the one in Tanya's belly) no husbands, no laundry. Just us.

I am SO grateful for these nights. I think I need another. Waddya say Tan, pick ya up at 9?

3 comments:

Lac said...

Last night was so fun! I agree, next time we need to get some grub before we go! And.... I want to meet Tanya!

Liz Harrell said...

You girls sound fun! Wish I could go. My best friend and I used to hide Taco Bell in our purses and watch movies together. I miss those days.

And who's excited to see The Women remake? Me!

On another note, my family took a vacation to Colorado, with a stop-off in Utah. It is a beautiful state as well!

Tanya said...

ohh, taco bell in the purse sounds good. anyway, are we all set for saturday. i'm dreaming of salads piled high that starting out with two plates seems normal:)

You May Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...