Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Gratitude Day 5

Today I'm grateful for (That's health. In honor of my cousins return from Japan...um, this is Chinese...sorry Carrie. You don' thave the smartest cousin on the block.)

Since January or so I have been sick. Then the gallbladder surgery. Then the recovery. For about three days after that, I felt FANTASTIC. I was running up the walls and jumpin' off the roof and quilting and baking cookies. Ok...maybe not all that. Anyway, the health went downhill after that sweet glimpse of happy life, and hasn't quite made it's way back up. I'm grateful when my body is in it's homeostasis and feelin' fine.

I'm grateful that my husband is perfectly healthy and able to work, go to school, come home and take care of me and the monkeys. He cooks, he cleans (occasionally) and he babies me almost as well as my own mother, and still has time for homework and Guitar Hero and Mario Carts.

I'm grateful that my children are healthy. They're healthy eaters, they're healthy players, they're healthy sleepers. They're always healthy at their check-ups (despite Kembry being extremely under weight; she eats everything in the house and then some, I'm not sure where it all goes! We call her Bermuda Butt.) Anyway, there was a time when both of them were sick to the point of hospitalization, and that was so horrible. But since then, they're both so healthy and happy, I truly couldn't ask for anything more.

I'm grateful that though I'm sick now, I know I'll regain my health eventually. I'm grateful for a friend that struggles through a life threatening disease and still manages to be grateful for the health she has despite it all. She's an amazing example. I should have included her in day 1, she's so awesome.

I'm grateful for the Word of Wisdom, that for medical reasons instead of faithful reasons, I've had to follow fairly strictly for sometime now, to an extreme. I wonder how people can be anorexic...it's really beyond me. I'm so hungry I'd eat my own arm if it wouldn't make me sick as a dog. Of course, my arm isn't as meaty as it once was...let me consider this for a moment.

Brett and his radio tell me that in 30 years, a healthy person will live one extra year for every year they live. Um...does that sound like immortality to anyone else? In 30 years I will be 54. I honestly hope that isn't true in 30 years. Regardless, I plan on being healthy at least by my 51st birthday, so we'll see how that goes!!

So today, because I'm feeling fairly well, I am grateful for my health and the health of my family. These bodies truly are miraculous things, if you think about it for a sec..............see what I mean? Amazing, huh?

1 comment:

Lac said...

It is amazing. We live with this heart that pumps without charging, or batteries or anything. It really is amazing! Can't wait to see you tonight, I'm so looking forward to it.

You May Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...