Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Gratitude Day 2

I'm grateful for prayers.



I'm grateful to have the opportunity to have a personal relationship with the Lord. I know that there is always that open line of communication between us, and sometimes when I feel like no one is listening or maybe no one understands or I just need a good reality check, I can pray to Heavenly Father. I don't always get "what I want," so to speak. Like those silly years I kept praying for patience and got, well, a lot of opportunity to practice patience. Turns out I ended up with some patience afterall. And I'm grateful for that, too. I'm grateful the Lord knows what I'm really asking Him, even if I don't. And I'm grateful to have the chance to thank Him for my billions of blessings each morning and night, and a dozen or so times during the day.



I'm especially grateful for my children's prayers, so I'm going to share Cohen's with you.



Hebenly Fadder, I'm grateful for this day

Pease hep me grow big and strong

Pease hep me have good sleep tonight

Pease hep me always have dy spirit

In da name of Jesus Christ

AMEN!



Any night I get to hear these, I cry a little. It's the same almost every night, unless he wants to throw a special spin on it. "I'm dankful for Larkin and the marbles," that sort of thing. These little additions absolutely melt my heart. But I'm especially grateful to be there to hear these prayers; to be apart of this holy communication with a spirit not long gone from his Maker.



Lastly (because I could go on all day, but I won't. You're welcome,) I'm grateful for the prayers others offer. What a selfless and loving thing to do, to remember someone in your prayers. I know from experience that I can feel it when someone prays for me. I look at them and can feel that they love me so much that they considered me last night or this morning or just now. I'm grateful for those people who take time to consider others, who worry about others, who try to do what they can to help soothe others.

No comments:

You May Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...